Yash Dasgupta is an Indian actor and model who works in Bengali Cinema.
Yash Dasgupta was born on Thursday, 10 October 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019) in Kolkata. His zodiac sign is Libra. He has lived all over India because his father used to experience frequent transfers due to his work. As a result, he did his schooling in Delhi, Mumbai, Madhya Pradesh, and Sikkim. When he was in twelfth standard, his mother was diagnosed with cancer. He had to halt his studies for some time for his mother’s treatment. He completed his schooling from Navy High School, Mumbai. He completed his graduation from Madhya Pradesh. He took acting workshops at Roshan Taneja School of Acting. He took dancing training from Shiamak Davar’s dance institute in Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 6′
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
His father, Dipak Dasgupta was into the transport business.
His mother’s name is Jayati Dasgupta. He is the only child of his parents.
Modelling and Acting Career in Television
Yash Dasgupta began his career as a model. He won the Glam King title in the Unish Kuri Streax Glam Hunt held in Kolkata in 2006. He made his TV debut with the 2009 Colors TV show “Koi Aane Ko Hai.”
He has played several memorable roles in many Hindi TV serials such as ‘Suraj Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi’ in Bandini (2009), ‘Ketan Sanghvi’ in Basera (2009), ‘Karan Singh’ in Na Aana Is Des Laado (2010), and ‘Viraj’ in Adaalat (2012). He made his Bengali Television debut with Star Jalsha’s serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena” (2013-2016) as ‘Aranya Singha Roy, Radhe.’
Yash made his film debut with the 2007 Bengali film “Pagol Premi.”
He made his comeback in Tollywood with the 2016 film “Gangster” as ‘Guru/Kabir’ alongside Mimi Chakraborty. He has acted in commercially hit films such as ‘One’ (2017), ‘Total Dadagiri’ (2018), ‘Fidaa’ (2018), and ‘Seven’ (2020).
Awards & Achievements
- Filmfare Awards East for Best Debut Actor for the film “Gangster” in 2017
Tele Academy Awards
- Best Actor for the TV serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena” in 2015
- Popular Actor for the TV serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena” in 2015
Star Jalsha Award
- Agami Diner Star Award for the TV serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena” in 2014
- Priyo Bhai for the TV serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena” in 2014
- Best Juti of The year for the TV serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena” in 2015
- Best Style Icon Male for the TV serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena” in 2015
- Priyo Bor for the TV serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena” in 2015
- International Jodi of the Year for the TV serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena” in 2015
- Best Debutant for the film “Gangster” in 2017
- Sera Juti for the film “One” in 2018
- Food: Salmon, Biryani, Snapper, Pizza, Apple Crumble, Patishapta Pitha
- Book: “The World’s Best Boyfriend” by Durjoy Datta
- Films: Rocky Series, Marley & Me, Hachi: A Dog’s Tale, Mama, Lights Out, The Conjuring, Insidious
- Fictional Character: James Bond
- Travel Destination(s): Fethiye in Turkey, Goa, London
- He likes watching movies, reading, travelling, and doing photography.
- He was enthusiastic about acting since his childhood. He never paid heed to his family’s suggestion to study seriously rather he shifted his focus on extracurricular activities. He used to participate in plays and didn’t care about the roles he had to play. The only thing that mattered him was being on the stage, and that’s how he realised his passion for acting.
- Once when Yash had gone to his maternal aunt’s home in Kolkata for holidays, his aunt gave his name for Unish Kuri Streax Glam Hunt Contest. He participated in the contest but got rejected in the preliminary round. When he was about to leave for Mumbai, he got a call from Anand Bazaar Patrika, and they told him that he was selected.
- During his struggling days in Mumbai as an actor, he worked as a gym manager.
- While Yash was in Mumbai, he got a call from Star TV for the role of ‘Lord Rama’ in the serial ‘Seeta.’ From Star TV’s office, he exchanged numbers with Poonam, who was a casting director for Venkatesh Films. Yash was selected for the role of ‘Rama,’ but later, was chosen for another role of ‘Aranya’ from the serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena.”
- When he was working in the serial “Bojhena Se Bojhena,” Yash changed his name according to numerology and added an extra ‘h’ to his name. However, he found that there were many fake profiles coming with his name on social media. Therefore, he decided to use the initial spelling of his name.
- In 2015, he was enlisted in the Calcutta Times Most Desirable Men Top 10 List.
- He is a foodie but also believes in staying healthy. He is a fitness enthusiast and goes to the gym regularly.
- Yash is a cynophilist (dog-lover) since his childhood and owns three dogs named Happy, Brutus, and Leo.
- When he was a teenager, he had a temporary tattoo of the sun on his chest and a dragon on his right forearm.
- He has got few words of Sanskrit inked on his right hand’s wrist, and also has a tattoo on his left hand’s wrist and right side of his back.